The US Department of Commerce has decided to initiate Antidumping and Countervailing duties investigations on imports from Pneumatic off -Road Vehicle tyres which imported from India, China and Sri Lanka.
- The duties will be imposed to off Road duty tyres that runs on gravel surface such as agricultural fields, Construction duties and other factories.
- The US International Trade Commission will determine the impact of these imported tyres which significantly makes injury to the domestic tyre industries.
- Similar Tyre type from China had earlier faced this probe.
- Antidumping and Countervailing duties are imposed independently of any other duty to which imported goods are liable. These are calculated to bridge the gap back to a fair market value.
- These duties are liable to imported products that causes harm to the domestic products i.e.: The imported item priced less than the domestic product of same kind.