Umberto Eco, the philosopher cum novelist who is renowned for his work ‘The Name Of The Rose’ demised at the age of 84.he was struggling with cancer and died on Feb 19 night.
- Eco was born in Alessandria in 1932
- The Italian novelist’s famous novel The Name Of The Rose (1980) was made into a film in 1986
- His novel Numero Zero was released last year
- He has been known as a Master of Italian culture
- Foucault’s Pendulum is his another famous novel
- He founded the communications department at the University of San Marino in the 1980s.